travel plans and meeting up with other travellers

Get me to Cambodia. Here is how

Re: travel plans and meeting up with other travellers

Postby George » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Waiting to hear from Danny and Larry Joe about location in BKK.
George

To live life well don't be a dick

George Catt
(sometimes in) Kingman, Arizona
George

Booked my flight

Postby Nata Harli » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 pm

Just got done booking my flight from Seattle to Bangkok. I'm going to leave on the 12th and arrive late on the 13th. I'm looking for a place to stay on the nights of the 13th & 14th then plan on meeting up with all the rest of you arriving around the 15th.

So, I'm now officially in! As a veteran Latin American traveler I'm really looking forward to exploring SE Asia. I have to say that Thai food here in the US is my absolute favorite and I'm really jonesing for some authentic Thai food to compare it to.

So, I will definitely be there and I will be bringing 1 and possibly 2 friends with me.
Nata Harli

Postby olegeezer » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Nata, good to hear you got your flights done. Looking forward to meeting you and your friends. Danny and I are arriving in BKK first (I think) on Jan9. We will spend a night or so in Bangkok and since we have 11 days before we need to be in PP we may take a side trip on our own and return to BKK to leave from there to PP. That's if I can talk Danny into it but I figger he's easy...... So we won't know until after we get there where we will be staying the night or so before heading to PP. We can stay in touch and plan a get together before the ride on this site or by email. We have a plan to not have a firm plan. :mrgreen:
OG
olegeezer

Postby George » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 am

Nata, just sent a note to Danny and Larry with a suggestion for New Siam Guest House II. I see you've already got you reservations there.

George
George

To live life well don't be a dick

George Catt
(sometimes in) Kingman, Arizona
George

Postby digiamo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:44 pm

George wrote:Nata, just sent a note to Danny and Larry with a suggestion for New Siam Guest House II. I see you've already got you reservations there.

George

Looks good! Just booked a room with two twin beds at the New Siam Riverside for Joe and I from Jan 9th to Jan 15th at which time we can re evaluate the lodging situation as folks arrive or between now and January :D

Danny from NY
digiamo

Postby digiamo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:09 pm

I did not opt for the hotel shuttle service (about 925 Baht) since Joe and I are going to have to meet up at the airport and who knows when that'll happen since we are on two different airlines. If they are both reasonably on-time we will have no problems. Besides, research shows a typical:

Suvarnabhumi Bangkok International Airport (BKK) - Central Bangkok: 200-400 baht, plus highway tolls of 70 baht

http://www.taxiprices.com/taxi-fares-in ... iland.html
digiamo

Postby raven » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 am

okay - my flight arrives at BKK at 1:15 AM on Tuesday, January 15....

Who's my welcoming committee?
:mrgreen:
raven

Previous

Return to Flights