Another old geezer checks in

You in? You thinking about being in? Post an intro about yourself or your team.

Another old geezer checks in

Postby Nata Harli » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Nata Harli here. And I'll betcha I can out geezer olegeezer. Well, at least that makes 2 of us from geezerland.

I'm about 75% sure I'm going to make it. Finances are the major obstacle to overcome but I've never let that get in my way before. I've always said I'd rather be on my deathbed owing MasterCard $1,000,000 than asking myself, "Why didn't I take that trip?" The problem is, I'm rapidly approaching my million dollar limit. :o

Being from geezerland I'm hoping we have a few more geezers sign up. I really don't want to show up all the youngsters all by myself. I think it ought to be a group effort.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the experience and meeting everyone. After reading last year's blog and seeing the pictures of the kids I'm almost sure I'm closing in on 100% certainty that I'll be along for the ride.

And BTW Dean and Dave I'd like to add Rule #69: Nobody ever finishes their blog. <g> ;)
Last edited by Nata Harli on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nata Harli
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: Another old geezer checks in

Postby raven » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:26 am

Welcome aboard. Should be a lot of fun.
raven
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Another old geezer checks in

Postby GaryS » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:35 am

Hope you make it I haven't seen you since SALARR. The little Daelims aren't as comfortable as your Ural though.

Three posts in a row. Can you tell I am delayed at the airport ??
GaryS
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: Another old geezer checks in

Postby dean » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 am

i like rule #69, welcome aboard!
dean
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:46 am

Re: Another old geezer checks in

Postby George » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:17 am

Nata Hari,,, is that one letter better than Mata Hari? :D

I'm a Geezer to at 66, but it hasn't stopped me yet. Slowed me down some, yes, but not stopped me.

Looking forward to this... Ready - Set - G, g, g,,,, ah, still some logistics to solve.
George

To live life well don't be a dick

George Catt
(sometimes in) Kingman, Arizona
George
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 am
Location: Kingman, Arizona

Re: Another old geezer checks in

Postby olegeezer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Nata Harli wrote:Nata Harli here. And I'll betcha I can out geezer olegeezer. Well, at least that makes 2 of us from geezerland.

Hey Nata, that sorta sounds like a challenge??? You will now have to stick your head over the log and tell us your age.
I turn (reach) 62 today!! No worry, you can bring my birthday gift to Gnome Phen. (but please, not another toupee)

Being from geezerland I'm hoping we have a few more geezers sign up.


We may even outnumber the kids on this, most of em are young, poor and still working........

We do have another thing in common, we're both "Natas". :mrgreen:
olegeezer
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Another old geezer checks in

Postby Nata Harli » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:05 pm

So far it looks like I'm the oldest geezer checked in. To let the cat out of the bag, I'm 71 but still enjoying life.

I recently got back from an intended 5 week trip out west that didn't end as expected. Fortunately I was at my brother's place outside of Seattle when it occurred. My back went out and made me totally bedridden for almost 4 days. No idea what I did to precipitate it but it was horrible. I had to fly home and a friend flew out and rode my bike home. I'd hate for that to reoccur in Cambodia so I'm playing it by ear for a few weeks before I commit and buy a ticket.

I'm almost positive I won't be riding one of the scooters if I do make it. I'm hoping I can buy or rent something in the 250cc range, ride more highways than off road, and meet up with everyone in the evening. Does that sound doable to anyone?
Nata Harli
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: Another old geezer checks in

Postby dean » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:51 am

hi there,
you can rent (or buy) a 250cc bike in PP, i dont know how much it will cost, but assume like everything else in cambo that it will be affordable. depending on the route everyone decides to take you should be able to meet up in the evening most of the time, although some of the off-road-roads are pretty easy riding - graded gravel so you might even ride those too depending on how you're feeling.
cheers,
Dean.
dean
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:46 am

Re: Another old geezer checks in

Postby Nata Harli » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:40 pm

dean wrote:hi there,
you can rent (or buy) a 250cc bike in PP, i dont know how much it will cost, but assume like everything else in cambo that it will be affordable. depending on the route everyone decides to take you should be able to meet up in the evening most of the time, although some of the off-road-roads are pretty easy riding - graded gravel so you might even ride those too depending on how you're feeling.
cheers,
Dean.


Thanks, Dean,

Sounds like a plan. Graded gravel is fine. I'll look for something in the 250 range when I get there.

Ken
Nata Harli
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: Another old geezer checks in

Postby Nata Harli » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:55 pm

olegeezer wrote:
Nata Harli wrote:Nata Harli here. And I'll betcha I can out geezer olegeezer. Well, at least that makes 2 of us from geezerland.

Hey Nata, that sorta sounds like a challenge??? You will now have to stick your head over the log and tell us your age.
I turn (reach) 62 today!! No worry, you can bring my birthday gift to Gnome Phen. (but please, not another toupee)

Being from geezerland I'm hoping we have a few more geezers sign up.


We may even outnumber the kids on this, most of em are young, poor and still working........

We do have another thing in common, we're both "Natas". :mrgreen:




Well, I've got 2 of 3 covered. I'm poor and still working once in a while so I can afford trips like this. My retirement fund tanked in 2008 when the market crashed so working while I'm still able is pretty much my only option.

Just got hired by UPS to work as a Driver Helper over the holidays so that should help with the finances. :D

I'm probably going to rent or buy something in the 250cc range and stick to pavement or good gravel and try and meet up with everyone on the evening. I've got a friend who'll probably be coming with me and I think he's going to do the same thing. Got another friend from central Nebraska who I think I've talked into coming but he'll definitely be riding with the wild and crazy group.

BTW, Happy Belated Birthday. I can almost remember when I turned 62 :!:
Nata Harli
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Next

Return to Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron