Howdy!

You in? You thinking about being in? Post an intro about yourself or your team.

Howdy!

Postby daveg » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:24 am

Hi!
I'm helping organize the ride and doing most of the tech stuff here on the site. PM me or send a email via the contact form if you have any questions!

Not being much for introductions, I'll take a swing at it anyways.

I'm from the USA and spent the last year traveling around the world on my motorcycle. I spent about 7 months in SE Asia and 3 months in Europe. I can't wait to get back to Cambodia as it is my favorite asian country :D
Blogs:
http://www.davegtravels.com
http://www.allthewaysouth.com

(on a ferry crossing the mekon from thailand to Laos)
daveg

Re: Howdy!

Postby daveg » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:16 am

We're BACK! Somehow we survived the first r4c and still think it is a good idea to do this again.

Hope to see a few faces from last year and lots of new ones! Don't hesitate to ask questions, PM, or hit the contact button on the website. If you're interested in the event, but a little unsure about traveling halfway across the world, send me a number and I'll give you a call and we can chat about the ride and what to expect.
daveg

Postby George » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Hey, I gotta post a picture too.

3 months to Bangkok for me, checking the airlines now.
George

To live life well don't be a dick

George Catt
(sometimes in) Kingman, Arizona
George

Postby digiamo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 pm

daveg wrote:Don't hesitate to ask questions, PM, or hit the contact button on the website. If you're interested in the event, but a little unsure about traveling halfway across the world, send me a number and I'll give you a call and we can chat about the ride and what to expect.

Hey Dave, hey all. There are so far two of our group who are ticketed to Bangkok (BKK) on January 8th, 2013 leaving plenty of time to take any number of ways to get to this event by Jan. 21.
My first question:
If we bought used or new bikes in BKK, can we use them in this event and still somehow get a donation in a different way?
I guess I'm wondering if there other ways of doing this event/donation other than the purchase and sale of a bike in Phenom Penh?
Question 2:
Do you know if there is still a size or CC limit to bikes brought into either Cambodia or Vietnam? We want the option to ride out of the RFC event when it's over and head east across to Vietnam.

Sure appreciate any knowledge you may be able to share on this stuff. :D
Thanks.
Danny
Last edited by digiamo on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digiamo

Postby George » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Danny, 2013 not 2012. :D

Good questions,,, hope Dean and/or Dave can answer.

Just noted, Dace is on here too now.
George

To live life well don't be a dick

George Catt
(sometimes in) Kingman, Arizona
George

Postby daveg » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:24 am

digiamo wrote:
daveg wrote:Don't hesitate to ask questions, PM, or hit the contact button on the website. If you're interested in the event, but a little unsure about traveling halfway across the world, send me a number and I'll give you a call and we can chat about the ride and what to expect.

Hey Dave, hey all. There are so far two of our group who are ticketed to Bangkok (BKK) on January 8th, 2012 leaving plenty of time to take any number of ways to get to this event by Jan. 21.
My first question:
If we bought used or new bikes in BKK, can we use them in this event and still somehow get a donation in a different way?
I guess I'm wondering if there other ways of doing this event/donation other than the purchase and sale of a bike in Phenom Penh?
Question 2:
Do you know if there is still a size or CC limit to bikes brought into either Cambodia or Vietnam? We want the option to ride out of the RFC event when it's over and head east across to Vietnam.

Sure appreciate any knowledge you may be able to share on this stuff. :D
Thanks.
Danny

There are no rules for this ride :D So do whatever you think is right regarding donations. It'd be great if everyone participating in the ride who can ride a scooter is on a scooter.

Getting the bike into Cambo should be easy. I'm not too sure about getting from Cambodia back into Thailand or Cambo to Vietnam. Vietnam used to have restrictions on how many CCs your bike could be to enter. I swear I heard that it may no longer the case, but I can't remember if you still need to be part of a sanctioned tour or not. The best thing to do is post over on http://www.rideasia.net or just google site:rideasia.net vietnam bike size or something. I know that is a topic that comes up all the time over there.
daveg

Return to Introductions