Bangkok hotel plans

If you don't know where to post it, try here!

Re: Bangkok hotel plans

Postby Nata Harli » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:58 pm

I leave out of Seattle around noon tomorrow and arrive in BK around midnight on Sunday. I'm just up the road from you guys so will try and get in touch on Monday when I recover from my flight.

How's the weather? Surely it's not hot and humid, is it?
Nata Harli

Postby bush pilot » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:41 am

I''m in Phuket and it's warm and pleasant. Bangkok is usually pleasant this time of year.
I'll be in BKK Tuesday for a few days before PP,.

I'm staying across town from you guys at the Rompho Mansion
Give a call on my cell 089-589-0375

Cheers, Alex
bush pilot

Postby George » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:39 am

Kuu-L, folks are gathering. I'll be there (very late) Tuesday,,, Dace will be there early in the AM. Both at the New Siam Riverside.
George

To live life well don't be a dick

George Catt
(sometimes in) Kingman, Arizona
George

Postby digiamo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:00 pm

We're here at the New Siam Riverside enjoying anxiously anticipating yous folks arrival.
Room 4416
Saty safe.
Danny
digiamo

Postby Nata Harli » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:27 am

digiamo wrote:We're here at the New Siam Riverside enjoying anxiously anticipating yous folks arrival.
Room 4416
Saty safe.
Danny
I'm across the street at the New Siam II. Have knocked on your door a couple of times but you must be out enjoying yourselves.

I'm in room 3247. I'll probably stay here a while (11:30 now) so if any of you guys get back come on over and knock on my door.

Ken
Nata Harli

Postby olegeezer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:30 am

Ken (Nata Harli) Danny and I are in 4416 New Siam Riverside. Send us a message or just come knockin if you like.
Cheers Joe
We are looking at a large van to go to Phnom Penh and we need input to see who wants to go with us.
olegeezer

Postby Vtbeemer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:51 am

olegeezer wrote:Ken (Nata Harli) Danny and I are in 4416 New Siam Riverside. Send us a message or just come knockin if you like.
Cheers Joe
We are looking at a large van to go to Phnom Penh and we need input to see who wants to go with us.

I would like to go with you guys but I am arriving too late to join your group. Did you find the scheduled bus that Ken suggested? A bit of a warning it seems that there are many van transport scams from khao San Rd. area? Just lookout and make sure you nail down the details. They like to "take tourists for a ride" border visa scams, schedule delays, etc.
See. http://www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-ove ... ackage.htm

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys later this week!

Dan
Vtbeemer

Postby olegeezer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:09 pm

Vtbeemer wrote:
olegeezer wrote:Ken (Nata Harli) Danny and I are in 4416 New Siam Riverside. Send us a message or just come knockin if you like.
Cheers Joe

I would like to go with you guys but I am arriving too late to join your group. Did you find the scheduled bus that Ken suggested? A bit of a warning it seems that there are many van transport scams from khao San Rd. area? Just lookout and make sure you nail down the details. They like to "take tourists for a ride" border visa scams, schedule delays, etc.
See. http://www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-ove ... ackage.htm

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys later this week!

Dan
Dan we are going to be leaving Bangkok at least? as late as Friday so if you want to go with our group (5 as of now) let us know. We are at the New Siam 4416 and 3423. We haven't even choose which mode of transport yet. George Catt was delayed 1 day getting here and he arrives 1145pm BKK time tonight Jan 16. You can email me at ljsimpkins at hot mail dot com...............
olegeezer

Postby Vtbeemer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:33 pm

A day late...

Because of when I am leaving I will not arrive into BK till almost midnight Fri. So I have to play it safe and got a flight on Air Asia out of DMK Airport to arrive PnP Sat afternoon. I did not want to chance border hassles etc.

FYI the flight to PnP leaves about 3:20 PM and only takes an hour. Someone might benefit from knowing this as an option.

Ken, I will email you a question re Garmin Montana.

Dan
Vtbeemer

Postby Nata Harli » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Vtbeemer wrote:A day late...

Because of when I am leaving I will not arrive into BK till almost midnight Fri. So I have to play it safe and got a flight on Air Asia out of DMK Airport to arrive PnP Sat afternoon. I did not want to chance border hassles etc.

FYI the flight to PnP leaves about 3:20 PM and only takes an hour. Someone might benefit from knowing this as an option.

Ken, I will email you a question re Garmin Montana.

Dan

Dan,

We are probably leaving Bangkok via bus on Friday morning. Should arrive at the border before noon but have to go through customs and then find another bus to get to PP so we're not sure when we're arriving.

I opted not to bring my Montana with me. Just brought my 60Csx but I'd be glad to try and answer a question. I noticed you posted in the GPS thread so I'll head there next.

Ken
Nata Harli

Previous

Return to General